Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Devotional Day 17 for Wednesday March 17

New Testament Reading: Luke 17
Old Testament Reading: Habakkuk 3

In the end of his book after all his questioning of God's purposes, Habakkuk concludes with a prayer that reveals the prayer of man who had severely questioned God yet ultimately put his trust in God's greatness.  May we like Habakkuk stand in awe of HIS deeds. (See yesterday's story!)

Habakkuk's Prayer (condensed)

 LORD, I have heard of your fame;
       I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD.
       Renew them in our day,
       in our time make them known;
       in wrath remember mercy.
 God came from Teman,
       the Holy One from Mount Paran.
    
    Selah (Ponder)
    
His glory covered the heavens
       and his praise filled the earth.
His splendor was like the sunrise;
       rays flashed from his hand,
       where his power was hidden....

    Selah (Ponder)

 Though the fig tree does not bud
       and there are no grapes on the vines,
       though the olive crop fails
       and the fields produce no food,
       though there are no sheep in the pen
       and no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
       I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
       he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
       he enables me to go on the heights.
    
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.

No comments: