Monday, January 14, 2008

Intro to the Isaiah 61 Fast

On January 13, God gave me a dream that inspired an immediate launch of 40 days of daily prayer gatherings asking Jesus Christ to release the anointing of his Spirit on us as a new semester begins.

I hardly ever dream, but God has suddenly confirmed several things to me through multiple people in the last 24 hours. I believe if those of us who God is moving respond in obedience in this hour; we will begin to see God move in powerful ways.

I am calling for an "Isaiah 61 Fast: 40 days of daily prayer gatherings" for the realization of Isaiah 61:1-2 in our city. I believe that even now God is sovereignly moving and preparing a great harvest in Boston. Salvations are increasing, and we are finding more and more people who are open to knowing and experiencing God in Boston. As the next school semester begins, God is seeking a people who are crying out for an impartation of the Spirit and contending with the spiritual forces of Satan and his ideologies which hold people captive.

I am inviting those who are seeking a ground shaking move of God to unite in prayer in your own locations or at Ruggles Baptist Church from 6-8am starting Monday. I believe this will be the first of several waves of gatherings that will take place over the next 40 days as God begins to mobilize people to pray. I also encourage you to fast as the Lord leads.

I am personally warring against my own tendencies to complacency and comforts and speaking to my soul, "Worship your God!" I am committing to praying every day (God-willing) at Ruggles Baptist Church from 6-8am seeking the anointing of the Holy Spirit and contending against the enemies that war against the Spirit. I would like to thank Pastor Larry Showalter who on last minute notice agreed to open up the doors of his church.

Join us or pray as God leads you:

Where: Ruggles Baptist Church 874 Beacon Street, 3rd floor Boston
When: Everyday from 6-8am from Monday January 14 - February 22

For the full story of the dream and how God led us to this point read below. For concise version, read bolded part in the entry below about half way down. Will you cry out?

No comments: