Sunday, February 3, 2008

Day 21 - Isaiah 61 Fast

The Spirit of God carried over from last night into this morning. The spirit of faith was at work in our midst as we worshiped and declared the word of God over Boston. Below, Kelsey, a BU student, again gives an excellent account of where we are at and what God did last night at the JHOP meeting.

Hi my friends,

May this note find you blessed in His wonderful presence!

I've been inspired to write to you another update from the front lines of Boston. Moments ago, I got back from a prayer & worship night with Justice House of Prayer in Cambridge, MA, just across the river. This night happened to fall in the exact middle of Fenway Church's 40 days of prayer and fasting. We believe this was not only divinely orchestrated to fall on the 20 day mark, but this night would signify a tipping point in the spiritual battle, in which we would begin to take back ground we had once lost to the enemy. Things are shifting in the spiritual atmosphere over Boston, and God has been disciplining us to be ready for the greater anointing of His presence. "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17

One of the men challenged us to lift a sustained shout to the shake the foundations of injustice in this city, like how the Israelite army sang and shouted around the walls of Jericho to see it crumble to the ground. Tonight the room filled and expanded with the sound of brokenness over sin, perversion, and darkness pervading this "city on a hill". We were so loud I believe people on the street heard us from outside as they were walking past. Half way through the shout, something inside my stomach broke and suddenly my voice reached a pitch, depth, and loudness I had never experienced before. I felt a shifting in my own soul as the peoples' cries rose to the ceiling. I believe this shout released a greater boldness in me to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ to everyone around me. We say yes, Maranatha, Come Lord Jesus, come!

In light of the breakthrough of the past couple weeks, I humbly ask each of you to keep praying for Boston and the harvesters here. It's a privilege to share this with you, and I hope I can continue updating you on above-and-beyond things God has been doing.

"...Pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.
Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should." Colossians 4:3-4


Unrelenting until the Kingdom comes,

Kelsey

No comments: