Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Fast - final thoughts

While the miracles of salvation, healing, and prophecy that took place during the fire nights were amazing, they serve only to point to the reality that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the world. Honestly, the times of prayer in the prayer room were more moving and powerful then the actual demonstrations at the public services. God has taught me many lessons throughout this fast. However, the one that has had the greatest impact on me is the pursuit of the presence of God. I can no longer be satisfied with just a mental understanding (however glorious) of who Jesus is. Instead as scripture clearly speaks, we were created to pursue the very presence of God. It is the very of presence of Jesus that Mary loved and that King David pursue. May we forever pursue that which is eternally good (Jesus) and see his manifest presence in our lives, communities, and city.

One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD
And to meditate in His temple.
Psalm 27:4

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18

He (Jesus) entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord's feet, listening to His word. But Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me."But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her." - Luke 10:38-42


No comments: