Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 25 - Prophetic Images

Dave C. had the following images during prayer the last few days. I think they can definitely help direct our prayers:

During prayer over the past few days God has given me images in my mind. Some were to encourage me, others were kind of prophetic, and most were for me to pray in right then. Three come to mind and here I will share them.

Two days ago we were praying for the city of Boston, ourselves, our efforts in the church and various needs. While one of us was praying out I saw a waterfall, a zoomed in section of the bottom a waterfall, with a rock behind it. On a rock below the falls was an empty glass bottle with the top closed on it. There were also a few plastic bottles in the water with their tops closed too, floating around. I didn't notice if those bottles had anything in them but my main concern was that their tops were closed. The bottle on the rock was being showered in water but nothing was going inside. I began to pray out that image, letting whoever was in the room with their "top" closed know that they needed only to open it up and a huge waterfall would fill them.

Today I received two images while praying. The first was while I was thinking about my life and my actions. I was contemplating that Christ had died for and taken care of all of them. I then caught a picture of a wounded soldier in the middle of a dirty battlefield. He was lying in the dirt in a trench with barbed wire surrounding the position. Then the whole image zoomed out and I saw a gigantic landscape of war, exploding bombs, fire blazing, the only colors were brown, black and a muted blue. I saw that one soldier as a speck among millions of others. They were either injured as well or running full speed toward the enemy camp. I began to pray that we not be consumed by our own position, our own failings. The only reason we remain injured and wounded spiritually is because we do not turn back to Jesus. If our focus would just remain on him even if we fall, we won't be stopped. Besides that our focus in prayer should be on the battle at large, not our individual fears and failings. There is of course a time to repent and sanctify ourselves, but what I'm saying is the enemy is very successful at derailing us simply by convincing us we are no longer in Christ, or no longer a viable prayer warrior. It's just no true. Jesus has won the victory over sin and death and imputed his righteousness to us forever. Forever.

The third image, second of today, was of a mirror. I was looking into a mirror in an attic, the full-length kind that swivels up and down. When I looked in it I saw a bright light where my reflection should have been. This reminded me of the verse 2 Corinthians 3:18 "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

The Message has an even more interesting version of that verse. 2 Corinthians 3:16-18 "Whenever, though, they turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are—face-to-face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him."

So God is making us to become like him. His splendor and glory will be our splendor and glory because of the Spirit's work in us.

I'm sure there will be more in the future.

No comments: